Saturday, October 16, 2010

101010 Gingersnap Palmiers


This is a delayed post. When I first read the recipe I crinkled my nose at the thought of unsulfured molasses and grated ginger.....not to mention the salt, pepper and allspice at the end. Surprisingly, these palmiers were quite delicious and I wouldn't change the recipe a bit! They were easy to assemble but I would allow a little thaw time before slicing them out of the freezer, otherwise, they start to break. The cookies took some work in flipping them - sticky build-up on the spatula. Once you brush on the syrup and place them back in the oven, you need to keep a close eye on them because they burn quickly. And, actually, what I thought was burnt was really the dark browning of the syrup - very tasty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment