Sunday, April 3, 2011

040311 Italian Polenta Cookies


These cookies were hard to pipe into the "S" shape - as called by the recipe. I didn't have a 7/16inch star tip so I cut the tip of a pastry bag (disposable, of course) - even with an opening larger than 7/16" it required a great deal of squeezing and muscle to form the cookies. The recipe called for either polenta or cornmeal, where I used the latter. And, I used a little bit of lemon juice instead of 1T of lemon zest (it was cold and I didn't want to go pick lemons in the backyard at night). My baking pans were too big to fit in my freezer, so I couldn't chill the cookies prior to baking. Considering all the improvising that occurred, these cookies turned out to have a wonderful flavor and texture!! I would seriously consider making this recipe again using polenta and lemon zest....

No comments:

Post a Comment