Wednesday, May 5, 2010

050110 Lemon Tassies


This week I thought I would try the Lemon Tassies found on pg 292. Knowing that I was in need of some mini-muffin tins, my sweet mom picked me up a couple of pans from Joanne's Fabrics using her 40% off coupon - what a deal!.....thanks Mom!
I have to say, the crusts were a bit tedious to make and I ended using an old, wooden meat tenderizer to push/mold the crust into the mini-tins (the meat tenderizer was the perfect diameter...actually, I borrowed it from mom). Also, I had to make another batch of the lemon filling in order to fill all 48 crusts. I don't believe I overfilled the crusts because the tassies came out looking just like the picture in the book (?). Lastly, the tassies have to be cooled in the pan for10-15 minutes. I just didn't feel like keeping the oven idle at 350deg for so long, so I baked half the recipe on Saturday and the remaining tassies were baked on Sunday. Surprisingly, the tassies removed from the tins with no problem/breakage!
They were enjoyed by friends and family, particularly by my sister and niece who were in town this weekend for my Mom's birthday. Which brings up another baking item worth mentioning here - I dared myself to make my Mom's birthday cake and I chose an Italian Cassata cream cake. What a disaster and a bad time to try a new, complicated recipe. But, that's another blog all together.
Overall, the Lemon Tassies were enjoyable and I hope to master the mini-muffin tin crusts before the end of this cookie adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment