Monday, May 10, 2010

051010 Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars


Well, this was a sad baking day....I was so looking forward to the peanut butter and jelly bars but they just didn't turn out right. A bit on the dry side which tells me that I should have added a little more jelly. I used apricot preserves as opposed to the recommended strawberry jam, but I don't think that was the problem here. I opted out the peanuts to soften up the cookie nibbles...it probably would have been drier if I had added the 1c of salted peanuts. The picture in the book looks like it's oozing with jelly, whereas mine was hardly noticeable. Lastly, my husband thought the cookies had an "odd" taste....I agree but can't put my finger on the flavor??? The cookies are soft and remain that way even after they've been refrigerated, as recommended. Well, I'll make notes in the recipe book and move on to cookie recipe # 4.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say I just found your blog from a link in Martha's AMA on Reddit in 2012. Yes, I'm a a few years late but still wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying this! This idea has occurred to me as well but not being much of a baker, I've never started. Am looking forward to reading the rest of the entries! :-)

    ReplyDelete