Tuesday, August 10, 2010

080810 Lacy Nut Cookies


This was my very first attempt in making lace cookies. I have to say, I think these cookies are a bit on the oily and sweet side...considering the amount powdered sugar (2.25c), corn syrup and butter, it's no surprise. However, several people thoroughly enjoyed these sweet, delicate, potato-chip like cookies! The nuts added a good, solid crunch to the overall texture (I used pecans but any nuts will do). I like my cookies to have a bit more "meat" to them....but, I did enjoy a few! The recipe makes much more than the predicted 2.5 dozen, and they do spread quite a bit - so, respect the 3.5" spacing. I actually took a picture of this cookie with the outdoor lighting in the background to get the full effect of the lacy, thinness. Big, too, huh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment