Friday, August 27, 2010

082510 Iced Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies


Being off work today, I decided to chip away at the 100 or so recipes. Using my son's remaining applesauce, this particular recipe looked rather interesting....at least the ingredients sounded like a good round-up. The dough was actually very runny, such that I thought I must have read the recipe incorrectly. But, I didn't and proceeded very quickly with the cookie scooper. I used cranberries instead of raisins (it was in the cupboard) which I think go well with any oatmeal type cookie. One can definitely smell the applesauce as the cookies baked!! I think the icing could be omitted (cookies are sweet by themselves), but I wouldn't. They're actually a perfect treat with a cup of coffee!!

1 comment:

  1. Will the oatmeal still count in lowering cholesterol? mmmm...looks good.

    ReplyDelete