Sunday, January 8, 2012

010812Coconut Cookies with Curd


The recipe called for a passion fruit curd but had mentioned that any curd would suffice. I recently picked up a jar of Cabernet Sauvignon curd from Carmel and thought it would work nicely with the cookies. The key to cutting out these cookies is to make sure the dough is adequately chilled and firm- otherwise you'll end up using more flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the rolling pin/mat. The additional flour will prevent the cookies from rising and having a soft, puffy finish. I thought the cab curd was "ok" but my husband thought it worked very well with the cookies. The cookies were a bit on the sweet side....I would cut back on the coconut. Not sure I would make this recipe again....bit time consuming for a very sweet cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment