Thursday, January 26, 2012

012212 Fortune Cookies


In honor of Chinese New Years, I attempted this Fortune Cookie recipe. It's a recipe that I feared when I took on this journey with Martha - it looked so complicated to assemble. But, with the help of my daughter, the adventure turned out to be so enjoyable that we decided to make Fortune Cookies every Chinese New Year! We made personal fortunes for family, friends and co-workers before any baking began. We learned that only 3 cookies can be baked at a time given the "seconds" you're given to fold the cookie (with fortune)with thumbs and fingers before the cookie hardens. I would fold a cookie and my daughter would hold it in place for 10-15secs. The batter was quite easy to make, and a cinch to spread into a 3-4" circle. To my surprise, my Gold-touch pan left a beautiful pattern on the cookie;one of my friends remarked that it looked like a tiger's print. The trick was remembering which fortune was in which cookie....

No comments:

Post a Comment